Jan 10, 2011

Put Your Grownup Shoes On

 Outfit: Blouse: Thrifted, Sweater: Target, Skirt: Loft (7$!), Tights: Kohl's, Shoes: Thrifted
I am a pain. One of those growing pains that you can feel right through your bones. I'm a gosh dang pain in the rear (I don't think there are rear growing pains but if there were that's what I am). Today we left for church and as I stumbled past the ice to our car I thanked my little Civic that we weren't walking like in those days where they declared you dead if you had a fever or chopped off your leg if you had a bad blister. But as we got to our car I saw a look on Sir Matt's face that I know well, wider eyes than usual, hands fumbling in his pockets, and lips pursed a little too tight to be comfortable. The keys were locked in the house. And I sat there locked outside. In my heels. So today we walked to church, more like Matt walked and I fumbled down the hill in my heels while trying to stomp to let Sir Matt know that I did not like walking to church. Matt called it an adventure. I called it misery. Matt is noble. I'm a pain.

Dear Sir Matt,
       I'm so grateful each and every day that you put up with my tomfoolery and don't kick me in the pants when I'm my stubborn and immature self. One of these days I promise I'll do the mature thing and not stomp all the way to church because my toesies are numb. So tonight I'll eat my veggies with a smile, get to bed early and thank you for being the one and only that loves me for me.
Always Yours,
You Growing Pain in the Rear

25 comments :

  1. I absolutely LOVE your tights!!! You're so adorable. And don't worry about being a pain. I feel thats part of being a girl hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well....at least your outfit was cute?

    Ugh, that would suck, though! I'm so paranoid about locking my keys in my car/house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shouldn't laugh at your misery, but it was quite amusing! I love the colour here! I have a green and brown wool tweed skirt that I've been having difficulties pairing, but seeing your pink and grey wool skirt with purple really opened my eyes to the options! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are never too old to pout...especially in the cold walking with heels...
    Love all the patterns and textures in this outfit...great how you tucked in the cardi with the shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, that IS an adventure :P

    I LOVE this outfit, these are my favorite colours and I can't believe your scored that skirt for $7!!!

    Love that cardigan too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you made it there safely! I love those purple tights, they go with my rainbow tight week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so dedicated. I don't think I would even walk to my mailbox in the snow.
    I can't believe you got that skirt at the Loft for $7. Lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this post! When things like this happen to me, my husband is just happy he is not a girl. Hope your feet survived!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that skirt, and thpse colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. well at least you looked crazy cute stomping off to church

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look amazing even when frozen : does that cheer you up ? hum, not that much...What can I add...Humph, you are absolutely not a pain as if my hubby forgot his keys in the house, I would have stabbed him with the black eye look ( terrifying ) and then I would have threaten him and the next 10 coming generations and then I would have forced him to carry me and then...(Do you feel better ?)

    Caro xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um...LOVE your outfit. It's so cute and feminine, and the colors are awesome! I'm sure I would have grumbled if I had been in your shoes(literally!).

    Lindsey Soup

    ReplyDelete
  13. That skirt is fabulous!! What a great find!!! loving this whole look, like seriously that cardigan is gorgeous so are those shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can guarantee you that I would have reacted exactly the same, if not more angrily.

    On a happy note, you look amazing in this outfit! That skirt is fantastic and I love the colors together! Hope you ended up having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely outfit! I really like the houndstooth pattern on the skirt. And that must have been really hard to walk to church in heels, especially since the roads are covered with snow still >.<

    ReplyDelete
  16. I Love love love your fantastic shoes! So gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are sweet. I'm such a pain. and i sadly rarely never apologise for it. boyfriend is sooo good at putting up with my poutiness. love him. you do, however, look just darling in all of your delicious ruffles!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the colors in this outfit. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sorry you got locked out. But, at least you could walk there.
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ok, you are just ADORABLE! I am loving your blog. Thrift store shopping is one of my favorite new hobbies. I can't wait to see more of your awesome finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So feminine and romantic! Loves.

    ReplyDelete
  22. love this outfit! The purple and gray are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love a good houndstooth print and this is definitely in my top list. The whole outfit just flows I would never think to layer this way, but I guess I learned something new.

    ps. Walking in the snow with heels is no joking matter, but at least you can laugh about it now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh - your outfit is too cute! The tights are so unexpected and perfect. :) I have some teal tights and I now feel inspired to wear them. Thanks for commenting on my blog. So glad to have found yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think we should release a decree that people called Sarah (with an 'h') should be carried if they are wearing heels!! We went out for a meal last night and I walked in heels. Sore....

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete