May 11, 2011

My Apologies


Dear former bottle cap glasses wearers (also known as every single member of my family),
I once taunted you. Mostly Michelle for having to wear Dad's HUGE glasses when she lost her own in elementary school, but Jenny and Jason, you were also at the end of my pity for your wire brimmed glasses that reached all the way from your forehead to the apple of your cheek.
Many a childhood reminiscing would start with,
" Hey remember those times when you wore those nasty old glasses??"

But....I have had a softening of heart.
AND I SHALL JOIN YOU IN TRIUMPH.
Though all of you have put those days behind you by poking yourself in the eye ball daily to insert a clear little lense that rewards you with glorious sight.I shall fight for all of us...by wearing these.
And by making faces like this

And by wearing my pants really high to fit the nerd stereotype.
I know I know I give too much. What can I say, I'm a giver. You are welcome...and also now eternally indebted to me.

Sweater: Swapped (BCBG), Blouse: Thrifted (Ralph Lauren), Pants (TJ Maxx), Belt: Thrifted, Watch: Antique, Necklace: Grandma'd, Glasses: Thank you Hawaii

16 comments :

  1. How is it possible for you to look so precious? I mean seriously, can I have your sense of fashion when I grow up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this outfit is the epitome of nerdiness.. and i want it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny about those glasses! Your pants are like a dream... the perfect wide leg and high waist! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the whole look! Especially your nerd face, it's a great accessory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My. Gosh.

    I'd write a longer comment but I have GOT to go to TJMaxx to find those pants. Because you look awesome.

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet, I am going to find dad's old glasses and wear them today!!!! Along with my pocket protector, and my retainer. I am cool once again!

    - Anonymous (but you know who I am)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love Love LOVE this outfit. IT is soo perfect.

    Ask the Duplex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for embracing the nerd glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i was the one wearing the coke bottom bottle glasses since 3rd grade, thus, as cute as i think glasses are on other people as an accent or accessory--I WILL NEVER WEAR THEM AGAIN! I also played sports and so you can imagine the balls in the face and hurt nose!

    but, i think you look adorable, your variety and style are admirable!
    aleisha
    cutefatandshort.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. the polka dotted shirt/ sweater combo is insanely cute and i love those glasses!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute outfit! haha i love the glasses

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those pants are amazing on you - so flattering, even when hiked up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOOK HOW SKINNY you look here! (How insulting am I? I know, queen of the backhanded compliments.) BUT seriously, I don't mean that at all. You really are thin. I'm totally jealous of your thinness. I just mean that anytime I layer a shirt and a sweater, I seem to end up looking heavy. And you seem to have stayed the same size! Witchcraft, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! You are the most adorable nerd ever. I love the high-waist and the layered look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE the glasses- they're way cooler than the wire bug-eyes I sported in middle school ;)

    ReplyDelete