May 11, 2011

Revival Files: Reupholstery


 I've been searching for a chair for my sewing room for forever. But I really didn't want to pay the money for it so I decided to try my hand at recovering a chair. I ended up finding this chair at the thrift store and then used a coupon for the fabric. Guess what I ended up spending on this beauty?

                                 Before                                                    After
Chair         $10
Fabric       $10
Spray Paint   $3
 _____________
 $23 !!!
I love how it turned out! And it was easy enough to figure out how to do it. I just unscrewed the chair, removed all of the staples, used a seam ripper to take apart the different pieces of fabric and then used those same pieces to create a new pattern with the new fabric, sewed all of the pieces together, stapled the fabric down and spray painted the legs and bam, BRAND NEW CHAIR!

19 comments :

  1. I am very seriously inspired by your success. I think I just may try this now! Thanks for making me believe in myself.

    Also, that's one shweeeeeet-looking chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressed I am ! I love how this turned out and I honestly would have never had the vision for it...awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! You are incredibly creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Nice piece of work! It looks fabulous and brand new :-)


    Relatable Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fabulous! I'm kind of jealous of your sweet new chair :)

    H.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable print you picked too! That looks great!!!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! I love this cahir--look so comfy and wild! Bright colored furniture is the BEST :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. The pattern, the colors. Score!

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing!! you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks awesome. I like the fabric you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! I need to catch my breathe now! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is a really beautiful chair now! I'm impressed...

    And jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The chair looks so cool!! you did an amazing job!! I envy your talent heheh

    ReplyDelete
  14. Um that after chair is AMAZING. It makes me want to go reupholstered crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That chair looks so cool!! you did an amazing job ^^ I envy your talent hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  16. love love love it! now, is it comfortable to sew in? because, that is just AWESOME!
    aleisha
    cutefatandshort.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love what you did to it! Reupholstering and repainting old furniture really helps to give it a new facelift :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh! You did such an awesome job! I love it! I need to do this :)

    MEGAN LAND
    xx

    ReplyDelete